Here are the latest recommendations from the French Ministry of Health regarding the Coronavirus as of March 2nd, 2020:
For people returning from China (mainland China, Hong Kong, Macao), Singapore, South Korea, Iran or the regions of Lombardy and Veneto in Italy or who currently reside in these regions:
Within 14 days of return or while you are there:
- Monitor your temperature twice a day;
- Watch for the appearance of respiratory infection symptoms (cough, difficulty breathing, etc.);
- Wash your hands regularly or use a hydro-alcoholic solution;
- Workers / students: wherever possible, work from home and avoid close contact (meetings, elevators, canteen, etc.);
- Avoid contact with people at greater risk from infection (pregnant women, the chronically ill, the elderly, etc.);
- Avoid visiting places where at-risk people are found (hospitals, maternity wards, accommodation structures for the elderly, etc.);
- Avoid all non-essential outings (large gatherings, restaurants, cinema, etc.).
- Children, middle school and high school students should not be sent to nursery, school, college or high school, given the difficulty in wearing a mask all day.
In case of signs of respiratory infection within 14 days of return or while you are there:
- Contact the Samu Center 15 in France or the local emergency services where applicable, reporting symptoms and recent stay in China (mainland China, Hong Kong, Macao), Singapore, South Korea, or the regions of Lombardy and Veneto in Italy.
- Avoid contact with those around you and keep your mask.
- Do not go to your doctor or to the emergency room, to avoid any possible
Given the evolving situation and as a precaution, the Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs recommends that people – especially families – who live in China and have no essential reason to return, stay away momentarily from the country and delay their return.
Travel to China is not recommended. If you must travel to China:
- avoid contact with animals, living or dead;
- avoid going to markets where live or dead animals are sold;
- avoid close contact with people suffering from acute respiratory infection;
- not to eat uncooked or undercooked meat;
- wash your hands regularly with soapy water or with alcohol-based solutions;
- to consult the travel advice site of the Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs.
In case of symptoms of respiratory infection (fever and cough / difficulty breathing) it is recommended:
- to wear a surgical mask if you are in contact with other people;
- to use disposable tissues and wash your hands regularly;
- if in China: quickly consult a doctor locally.
For more information about those recommendations, you can go to
For more information about the Covid-19: